Monday, September 26, 2005

Been Reading .... more than Stitching!!

Been Reading:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com This is a beautifully written novel. Just do yourself a favor and read it.

UPDATE - Finished :
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Finished this 9/27. I think this was written around 1940 -- Setting is in a Georgia, depression era. It is a powerful novel. The characters are well developed.

Finished:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Until I find You - I'm a fan of John Irving & I read his novels. This one is good. Widow for a Year was my favorite of his .... but, I was on vacation when I read it & maybe that had something to do with it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Found out yesterday that Bee Season is a movie. What a surprise - and Richard Gere cast as the Father. There is nothing I can say about this book that won't give away the story. When I was mid-point of the book, I thought I had everything figured out .... and I was so wrong. This is the sort of book that you keep thinking about after you read. And makes you re-think parenting & roles of those things that influence our children.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis is MarkHaddon's book. Been on the best-seller list awhile. It is young adult fiction & well written. What a challenge!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI know this was popular with several reading friends. Honestly, I thought it was so-so.

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

I can't decipher all the titles, but I can tell you we have many common tastes!

I've read The Jane Austen Book Club and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, and although I can't read the Irving's title I've read several of his novels!
And I'd love to read Moon Tide...

Looks like you have been and will be spending lovely hours reading!

Danielle said...

Are you enjoying Moon Tide? I feel like going back and re-reading it now! I am finally getting into The Heart is a Lonely Hunter--it started off a little slow for me. And I really liked The Bee Season--though it was sort of different! What did you think about it?

Gina E. said...

Hi Lelia,
Thanks for dropping in at Patra's Place - here I am returning the compliment, and I love your blog -lots of the best things in life...kitties and stitching, lol!
Yes, mail art is fascinating. I hope you will put some info on your blog about the class you are doing on it.

Cathy B said...

If only there were enough hours in the day for both reading and stitching!

I'd like to know more about the mail art mentioned in Gina's comment too! Please share!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin