Friday, November 04, 2005

On a photo hunt ...

I have been trying to photograph the kittens who were dropped off at our home this Summer.   They are very shy.   Today, I had some luck with two of them.   I fed them early (because Alex had show choir practice at 7am).   When I went out to grab their food tray, two of the 3 were sleeping.   When I came closer, they decided I was harmless & let me photograph them.   Wish the tiger striped one was around -- if it was, it was hidden!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis is the shy siamese mix

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis is the bold siamese/mix

Good thing this camera has a close-up button! They were not very close to me. Both of these kittens are easy to spot as they have a lot of white fur.   Blue eyes.   Their faces are grey-blue.   Their tails are tiger stripe.   Their legs have a grey/white stripe.   The tiger-stipe is very beautiful with white paws.  

Barbara: These kittens were so small when they arrived (must have been July). We have been feeding them 2x/day & cannot get near them. DH gets closer to them than I. The Mom-cat is long gone as is one all-black kitten. We see the white ones (because of their fur color) more often than the tiger stripe one.

6 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Aw, it's so sad when people abandon pets. My sis took in a stray litter, but apparently they were already too wild and they didn't stick around too long. Our kitty, Spin, was also a street cat, but he likes knowing where his next meal is coming from too well to wander far!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... Lelia, they are so beautiful! I hope that you will be able to tame them, if slowly.

Jenny said...

So cute! Wish DH would let me have a kitten. :(

Anne S said...

They're really cute - can just make out the stripey tail on the 2nd piccie ... beautiful colourings. Hope they become a bit tamer/trusting for you - they're lovely. I used to volunteer at the SPCA in Auckland, but ended up giving it away, 'cos it broke my heart - I just wanted to bring all the animals home!

Kim said...

It is a shame that they were abandonned, but lucky for you cuz now you have some adorable kittens!

Dawn T. said...

Awww...they are so adorable!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin