Sunday, January 08, 2006

Needlechat ...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I have pulled my fibers and pattern for Cherished Workes. I like this piece of lambswool linen from my stash & will have to see if it is large enough for the case & needlebook. If I have more linen, I could always stitch the third motif (maybe for the inside pocket?) as I didn't purchase the floss palatte. I have most of the overdye & some skeins of floss. This SAL is from the Sewing Smalls Yahoo group. I should have the basting lines in & part of the red house before the next part is suggested on Jan 12th. Probably launch this on Monday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Nikki, you look the way I feel. Drove Tori & her friend back to Indiana University yesterday, I have much to do today & only have the energy to read ... hmmmm ... some days are just like that.

"I have a belief on my own, and it comforts me .... That by desiring what is perfectly good, even when we don't quite know what it is and cannot do what we would, we are part of the divine power against evil--widening the skirts of light and making the struggle with darkness narrower." by George Eliot, Middlemarch.

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I love George Eliot. Haven't read her in years ... I ought to go check if we have any of her works upstairs.

Take care and enjoy your reading!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe. That was quite a drive! I think you deserve some relaxation time, girlfriend! Give yourself the day off. :)

BeckySC said...

Hey GF :)
I can't wait to see this stitched up :)

I love the insert from George Eliot. I will keep that in my mind as I go through my days.

hugs to you :)

Von said...

Hi Lelia, It takes lots of energy to get the kids back to school, and to pay the bills for the semester!! When we can, we buy textbooks from half.com and have had good luck getting them the first week of classes.

Cathy B said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress on Cherished Works. You did a great job on the Mystery Sampler - I still haven't completed steps 3, 4 and 5....

My Life In Stitches said...

What a lovely project Cherished Works is going to be. Look forward to watching your progress.
happy stitching,
Annette

Myrna said...

What a great project!

I'm still playing in the stash, looking for the elusive fabric. I've found lots of other neat stuffs!

I started a blogger at this site, if you care to take a look...

http://xsaddict.blogspot.com/

Takes a while to figure this stuff out.

Chelle said...

Can't wait to see how things go on Cherished Works! I love to stitch on lambswool.

I'm going to join the Bunnies in the Garden SAL. I still need to get some of the Olde Willow threads for it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin