Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mystery Sampler continues

Received the March issue of NeedleArts with Lesson Six (Row 18 + Row 24) & Lesson Seven (Row 19 + Row 23).
Image hosting by PhotobucketI finished the last two rows (Lesson 6/Row 18 + Lesson7/Row 19) last night. This Mystery Sampler is really wonderful to stitch.

Thank you for your comments regarding Nicholas and his L&L project. In the past Nicholas has worked on Mill Hill perforated paper projects and aida cloth -- he did a nice cross eyed cricket on aida. Now that he is on evenweave -- I may have to watch my stash ; ) He will be 16 on April 25th (next month). Nicholas is an avid reader AND enjoys playing trombone in the Jazz Band, Pep Band, & Marching Band. He recently learned how to knit scarves -- several students got together after school & were taught by their French Teacher.

Our other son, Alexander is 13 and enjoys Drama Club, Radio Club, Show Choir & Robotics Club. He is rehearsing for "Schoolhouse Rock" -- I forget what part he has. Alexander stitches on aida once in awhile and has made several Mill Hill perforated paper projects. Currently, he is working on a canvas piece - it is a zipper pouch. If I could walk into his room, I'd take a picture of HIS progress, too. Over his Spring Break, he wants me to do the finishing on his last HIH project -- it is hidden in his bedroom someplace.

In order to keep peace in our household, I make sure the common areas of the house are tidy & just keep their bedroom doors shut. Teenagers have messy rooms. It goes with the territory.

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Cool Beans!!! This is going to look really neat when it's finished. And, that was speedy stitching if you just got it today!

Hugs and stitches...

:-)

Von said...

You must be so pleased to share your interest in stitching with your boys! We usually keep the doors closed to the bedrooms too, but today I had to insist that my 14 yo and 20 yo sons (who share a room) do a thorough cleaning. They actually did it and it looks beautiful! But I had to go in and start to pull out the garbage and dirty clothes to get the ball rolling. Lol!

Myrna said...

I understand about the teenagers rooms. I tell Becca (just 16) that one of the cats is going to get lost in there! I look to see where the two cats are before I shut the door. :-)

mainely stitching said...

Your boys sound fabulous!

Jenny said...

How cool that you are getting your boys into stitching! :)

Leeland said...

You must be very proud of your sons! They have lots of wonderful interests, and Nicholas is doing stunning work! Funny how our elders can be close to us, moms... Although my son just wouldn't cross stitch, as he is dyspraxic, so even writing is difficult and exhausting for him... Poor baby (he's 10 and he would yell if he read I'm calling him baby)... Fortunately, my DD (she's five) is giving it a try once in a while...
Your mystery sampler is so so beautiful!
Take care!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin