Thursday, March 30, 2006
Mystery with a Little Bit of Glitz
This canvas piece was offered to our EGA chapter. I received a list of supplies in December of 1979 (ouch). Part I was handed out, everybody stitched the same thing. Part II (April 2000) offered 3 different choices for the corners & 3 choices for the area inbetween the corners. I was over my head. I knew zero about selecting watercolours & perle cotons & Kreinik spools. As I stitched parts, I'd change my mind about the color I selected & go out for something else. Eventually, I learned the stitches & got all but one color to work out. I had a nice peach color -- but it just didn't work out -- changed everything to green 727 & finally was satisfied with the overall color scheme.
Now, I'm determined to finish this thing for once & for all. The 60 pulled eyelets just about did me in. With the help of some pink tape & patience, I find there are TWO more pages of stitching diagrams -- then a big happy dance. Talk about keeping it in the closet too long ....