Tuesday, June 20, 2006

sigh ...




i wanted these to look better. I tried. I'm not very satisfied with the outcome. I started with nun edge & the linen 'fringed' -- realize the front design on the needlebook should have been over further as the motif is too close to the needlebook spine (that for starters). The beads were too loose on the pinkeep & I don't know what the secret to tight beads & charms can be -- but, i don't know it!! I tried several tassels & ended up with green, now I think they may be too big or too long. I just have given up.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I think your finishes look great! I'm always unhappy with these things too, as I am too close to the project and know all the flaws. Everyone else will think they are wonderful (I do!).

Chelle said...

Don't be so critical, my friend! I think they both look AWESOME! I agree 100% with Jenny, you are "too close" to the project. Those aren't flaws, they are character traits. ;o) I love the color changes you made. Great choices!

Nela said...

que bello, felicidades

Cathy said...

Hang in there Lelia! You are too critical of your own work (as am I!) I've been trying some new things too but can't post pictures yet....

Anita said...

They look great and you should
be very please with them. I love
the colors changes that you made
and they are lovely.

Von said...

I too think you're being a little hard on yourself. The colors are great and even with the small problems you might see, very few others would even notice. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin