Monday, August 28, 2006

Question ??? / Tori at I.U.

This isn't a SBQ or anything ... but I wondered if any stitchers out there have made biscornu with square patterns on the diagonal. I realize you need to have a design with the same hxl -- but I found a nice pattern on the Caron web site - 42 x 42 - on the diagonal & wonder if it would work??

The pattern is FREE pattern & instructions compliments of Dawn Lewis. I think the eyelets would be so pretty as a biscornu. Anybody care to share their thoughts today?


I received this photo from Tori this a.m. Figures she would be at a party! She says RAing is ok so far. I'm sure she will do well. I miss her. I don't know how you other 'Moms' out there deal with your children leaving home. For me, it is a mixed bag of emotions. I'm excited & happy for her - yet there is a definate quietness around here when she is gone. The boys & DH are great, but I really notice the household routine shift without her around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why you couldn't use that pattern, Lelia. It's quite cute!

I'm afraid that I was always the leaver and not the leavee in the college relationship. But I know it was very difficult for my mother everytime I went back to school.

Leeland said...

Oh I do share your mixed feelings about children out of home, Lelia...
The pattern's great! Give it a try! During the holidays, I tried to make an ornie with three squares that you had to stitch together more or less like the biscornu. Turned out that the aida I'd used was not square! I tried anyway, and the result was OK... So I guess we just can do anything... lol!
Take care!

Myrna said...

Looks like a great pattern! Go ahead and give it a try...

I know it was really quiet around here when Rick moved out. But, he stops by about once a week or more, and calls... So, it's okay.

Hugs...

Chelle said...

I see no reason why the diagonal design wouldn't work just fine. Go for it!

Sorry I have no words of wisdom about kids leaving the nest. I can certainly understand your mixed feelings about it. The picture she sent you is so cute!

Von said...

Hi Lelia,
I can sympathize with your mixed feelings over your dd leaving for college. For myself tho, I've been more excited for my kids, than sad for myself - but I still have so many kids still at home that I just don't have time to dwell on it. It could be very different when it comes time for that last one to leave! :D

mainely stitching said...

Tori looks so happy. It's hard for me to imagine our kids moving out, though I know it will happen someday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin