When Myrna & I started the weekly scissor pocket SAL, we were guessing 2 weeks for stitching and 2 weeks for "finishing". For me, it took 3 weeks to stitch & this is my 2nd week for the finishing. This photo shows: Interfacing has been ironed inside + the cotton fabric is pressed & pinned, & idea where to sew the button in place. Myrna suggested adding the button & cord before sewing the lining in place [sounds like good advice].
Second Photo: Shows the needlebook front, scissor fob basted together, and the 'french vanilla' color felt. I want to finish the needlebook similar to the one in the top-middle of the photo ... I plan to use a buttonhole edge with the light silk. Using a sharp needle, I'd stitch thru the linen & lining at the same time. Inside will have the cotton lining (currently folded on the edges & pinned in place) AND the felt added last.
This is the back of the scissor pocket. I like the progress I've made so far.
To do: Tonight, I want to get the button sewn on, make cording & tack on the pocket, sew in the lining, stitch the sides shut. PLUS, I want to sew the fob shut, make a cord for the fob & attach it in place. The needlebook will need a buttonhole edge with silk & add the felt. With DH at a meeting tonight, I just might have this all completed.