Monday, February 12, 2007

Adding some stitching to a WIP

I don't understand this new sleeping area. She has been in/out of this box x 4 days now. DH tells me that I "spoil her"; however, she is very difficult to discipline.
I pulled out my afghan project. I don't know why it has been a WIP this long!! I worked on a corner block over the week-end. [after the linen issue ... and no, I didn't ruin the over dye fibers b/c they were inside a plastic bag] I think I could have finished this block; however, I found myself watching all the musical performances, Grammy Awards. Such talent.
This is what the afghan will look like one day. I ripped out stitching on one block, because I didn't have it centered. The pattern is Acorn Sampler Afghan c.1989 Jill Siegler, Samplers from the Heart [Mill Hill]. I'm using Anchor floss on Zweigart Novara Afghan Fabric.

15 comments:

BeckySC said...

Oh MY!!! I love the afghan! I am SO glad you pulled it out! I will enjoy watching this one (I have an afghan project too that I was so excited about and purchased everything to stitch it with when it came out in the SC mag...the Nature's Home afghan...NOT one stitch in it :( )

I love it, GF! :)

Wendy said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt! I'm so glad you are back to working on it.

Myrna said...

That is going to be very pretty! And the perfect thing to stitch in this winter weather...

Hugs..

stitcherw said...

That will be fantastic finished. I love the acorn theme.

As to the sleeping arrangement, cats do find the oddest places to take a nap don't they. Sometimes it is just amazing what they seem to think is comfortable.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the afghan again! The block you're working on looks great.

Your kitty is too cute - made me smile and go awww!

Unknown said...

Your kitty is adorable and your afghan will be beautiful when completed. :o)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

oooooo, I love that!

Anonymous said...

This afghan is gorgeous :)
Cute picture of your kitty :)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty afghan you're going to have.

mainely stitching said...

Discipline a cat? Don't make me laugh!!

Can't wait to see this afghan up & running. Love the warm colors!

Von said...

What a perfect project to pull out on a cold winter's day! Happy stitching!

Leeland said...

This is the most beautiful afghan design I have ever seen!!! I hope you find your mojo back for it to be completed: it will be a wonderful heirloom someday.
Take care!

Rachel V said...

This will be gorgeous when it is all done! Go girl, go!

Elizabeth Braun said...

Or add a cat to your stitching!! Either is fine!!=) Sweet kitty, wish we were allowed them in this building, but we're not.=(

Elisabeth, UK=)

Chelle said...

Acorns! It's a gorgeous afghan, can't wait to see your progress.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin