Tuesday, June 05, 2007

WIPs [progress pics]


Look what I found? At last. It went missing & I found it yesterday. Yippie Skippie. The boys wanted to use the internet at the public library [faster connection] and I sat in my car & stitched in the herbs. After a few cross stitches, I realized some frogging was necessary. Took some stitching out - restitched. This is a darling-cute sampler IMO. Herb Garden by Little House Needleworks. c.2004 Diane Williams. 63w x 96h. I am using the suggested DMC floss on 28-ct lilac linen. (my current traveling project)

Before I located Herb Garden, I finished stitching 'the bird' in Gilded Cage, and plan to keep stitching this project at home. The DMC floss is bright and cheerful. A delight to stitch this delightful piece.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both WIPs are lovely, but I particularly like the colours of the Gilded Cage - very vibrant!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Look at that progress. You go, girl! Congratulations on finding your missing project, too. That always makes you feel better.

Ranae said...

I just love both your WIP's. They are coming along nice. Please! NO more frogging!!! lol Ranae

stitcherw said...

The bird looks great. Also, nice start on Herb Garden, that is such a sweet one.
Sue

mainely stitching said...

If memory serves me right, this CHS design is charted for NPI silks, right? Have you posted your DMC conversion? I ask because it is stunning and I bet a lot of others would be interested in tackling the project if they didn't have to spend an arm & a leg on the silks. (I cheated and got Vicki Clayton's conversion...)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the bird! He's beautiful!

Plus, I love Herb Garden - the fabric you're using really brings out the colors!

Dawn T. said...

Both are lovely!

Carla said...

Nice progress on both projects :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin