Thursday, September 13, 2007

Clox Sampler

One evening, while flipping thru some SAN-Q magazines, I came accross an article by Eileen Bennett on 'clox' and samplers. on page 30, I saw a photo of the blue clox sampler (courtesy Minnesota Historical Society) ... which looked kinda familiar to me. I pulled out my NeedleArts magazine, sure enough, there was a blue clox sampler for sale from the St Paul Needleworkers chapter of EGA.

Here is a picture from their web site:
Wouldn't you like to stitch it, too?

Near the end of the article, SANQ Spring 2003, the author made mention of clox patterns being available in knitted pattern books (or should I say books of patterns for knitting?). Guess what? I own one. And, now that I've read the article, recognize the clox patterns in the book I have by Carola Forg called Traditional Motifs for Needlework and Knittingc.1985 ISBN: 0-937274-65-8. Is that kewl or what???

Never mind, I'd love to get my hands on the Samplers of the Pennsylvania Germans book by Tandy + Charles Hersh. Anybody have a spare $300-$450 for a used copy??? Yikes.

-------------- also .... I forgot to add a link to my post re. EGA seminar. The class pieces on display for GLR are for a seminar they will be hosting. This is a link to the GLR -- which has an area for you to pop over to the class photos & registration info. Look HERE to find Threads of Friendship, 2008 stuff.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

You surely do come up with the most interesting stuff. I'm going to have to pull out my SANQ binder and find that article!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that EGA piece!

Stash Queen said...

Love the info about the samplers - had never seen them before!

Cici

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin