Monday, September 08, 2008

Doll Show Finds:

I attended the Valparaiso Doll & Bear Show yesterday morning
What a fantastic display of dolls from all eras and all price ranges. The antique dolls were beautiful. Among all the clothing, dolls, + accessories ... I found these dresses made from antique handkerchiefs. And, they are a perfect fit for my Penny Wooden Doll

Other than the doll dresses, I didn't find much in the way of doll making supplies -- just a snipet of lace

I did stitch up a quick fob (on the left) side of the doll. I have stitched this motif once before. I used the over-dye fibers I had after stitching Free, Shep Bush Freebie design.
I have not decided on finishing for the S.Bush design - probably a small pillow.

10 comments:

Teejay said...

Cute dolls! Carriage house samplings has a cute apron for a doll and I saw another pattern for something like a smock or pinafore for a doll. The doll in the model look just like this one.

Mylene said...

Lovely dresses for the doll.

Cute finish too!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

These little dresses are so sweet and look so cute on the wooden dolls. Congrats on the fob finish. CJ(ok;-)

Redwitch said...

Very cute dolls and dresses :)

Tammy said...

I love your dollies and their sweet dresses!

Wendy said...

Cute little dresses for such sweet dolls.

Dovilė said...

very cute dolls :)

Barbara said...

I usually find dolls to be more than a little creepy, but this wooden one looks cheery and approachable. I could have a cup of coffee with her. :)

Stitchingranny said...

wow what a great find they are both beautiful.

Lisa said...

Lelia, what a fantastic find! Those vintage doll dresses are incredible! I never seem to find sweet stuff like this, lol.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin