Monday, September 29, 2008

Pin Cube WIP

I was trying to finish up last night; however, the over-one got to my eyes! This is stitched over one thread on 32-count Fratelli Graziano Italian Cream Sienna Linen -- per the kit! I plan to finish up the stitching this afternoon -- have not decided on when I plan to tackle the finishing!

As for the thread drops, I really like them! You can see the floss which was pulled off a bobbin - with lots of bends. With the thread drops, the fibers are smooth.More about thread drops in previous posts - link here. I put a penny on my stitching to answer the question about 'size'.

As for my book stack, here it is:My list of books read this year, and previous years can be found HERE.

Yesterdays read was from the public library, called Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. I'm about 1/2 way ... Book Reviews HERE and HERE. Some of my friends didn't care for it at all -- and one woman at the library said it was very interesting.

8 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your teeny stitching is just amazing, Leila! I don't see how you can read after doing much of this type of closework...but then, maybe the print looks huge?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's tiny. It is going to be adorable when finished. I just love bunnies.

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress Lelia! I remember the teeny tiny stitching from the tape measure I made from this set.

Great book choices too - I've read Marley and Me and have History of Love on my "to-read" list.

Annemarie said...

I don'tknow what it is with me and reading these days, but it seems I have problems with my attention span :o(
Love the cube! Oh, and I've discovered I can actually do a fair bit of over-one stitching in the daytime. Nighttime, even with an OTT light is bad for my eyes and bad for my temper.

Anonymous said...

If I wasn't such a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural abilities, I probably would have put it down. But then again, the surprise twist at the end was quite a surprise to me knowing it's based on factual events. He was kind of a cad though...which disappointed me.
Tiny Stitches...very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's some small stitching! The penny really puts it into perspective. Can't wait to see your finish on this one.

mainely stitching said...

Very lovely, Lelia, as always! :D

Tammy said...

Ooooh very pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin