Sunday, September 14, 2008

WIP: Marking Sampler

Some progress as of last night:
I added more alphabet in the top row & filled in a couple of the diamonds. The flowers are a grey-blue color that isn't showing up well in the pic. It has been raining non-stop for a couple of days. I look forward to seeing some sunshine and a break from this rainy weather.
As for What Else is in my basket of NAY* ... stay tuned ...
- - - - - -
On my "to read" list ... for too long:

If I had a dollar, for every time I've been asked about this book -- well, I'd have more than enough to buy a hardcopy!!
The Alchemist

I checked it out from the public library. So far, it reminds me of this book:
The Little Prince

English Translation - online here

I continue to jot down names & authors when I'm browsing thru blogs. Sometimes, I am afraid of story spoilers - and just scan info about books. It is great to get tips on awesome reads : ) My 2008 Book List

*NAY= Not Another Year

7 comments:

Annemarie said...

Lelia, I've been away for a bit, but thank you for your post about Queen stitches!!! Wowie, but they look gorgeous when you stitch them :o)
I'm the same re. The Alchemist. I've been on the point of purchasing it more times than I can remember.

Tammy said...

Love your work--the book sounds interesting too! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the marking sampler: the colors, the fabric, the design—everything!! Will look forward to seeing this finish.

Carla said...

Your sampler is looking great!

Carol R said...

Beautiful sampler - such lovely colours of both fabric and floss

mainely stitching said...

The Little Prince is one of my all-time forever favorites.

Snowbrush said...

The Little Prince--one of my favorites. Do you know what happened to the author (okay, I'll tell you just in case you don't--he died when his plane was shot down in WWII? A sad and untimely end for a great writer.

snowbrush

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin