Friday, October 24, 2008

La D Da & Bent Creek WIPs

Wool & Flax
La-D-Da Workshop Project
With more fiber in hand (thx to Sue D), I restarted this lovely pin safe. Now, using two strands of Elegant Eggplant belle soie silk, Crescent Colors. IMO - looks rich with two strands of silk. Originally, I started with one strand of silk & once I looked around at other stitcher projects - decided I liked 2 strands much better.
I will be adding in some of the red-pink floral motif tonight. I don't remember the name of that silk color.

Autumn Row
c.2000 Bent Creek
Thx to Cathy (founder of the Thread Heads) for this fabulous Autumn Pattern. After consulting with Deb L., I changed some of the suggested over dye colors - I think I've got the right ones picked out.
I cannot resist an interesting alphabet - with the birds & pumpkins, this one is so charming!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely starts! I stitched Autumn Row a while back and it's a cute design. Looking forward to your progress :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

oohh...I'm on a La-D-Da kick myself and I love wool and flax ;o)
And the Autumn Row alphabet is darling!

Paisley said...

Both your starts look great! I love the colors you chose for Autumn Row!

Karan said...

Very nice new starts - will enjoy watching them develop. :0)

Anonymous said...

Great WIPs :) I tend to use two strands, too, because I like my stitches fat!

Tammy said...

Both of those look great! Dangit, now I have to buy some more stuff. Thanks! :) :)

mainely stitching said...

You always chose such fantastic projects, Lelia. I just LOOOOVE looking! :D

Irene said...

They are both great starts. Where do you find the Wool & Flax ?

Karin said...

Great starts! Can't wait to see more

Carol R said...

Great start!

stitcherw said...

They both look wonderful. I don't think I've done anything where I was happy with the coverage that only one strand would give, other than when I did a piece on 40 ct. silk gauze. But then, I don't think I've had any pieces on a count higher then 32 (or maybe a 34) so that is probably it too. I love your Autumn Row piece, fun design. Looking forward to watching it grow. I don't have that one, but do have Kitty Cat Row and Puppy Row that I want to do.
Sue

Sherry said...

I totally love Wool and Flax but can't find the pattern anywhere! Is it an old retired one or is it a new not released one?

Sonda said...

Nice! Can't wait to see the progress!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin