Saturday, July 12, 2014

Needlebook cover

Folk Art IX
Strawberries

 c. 1984 homespun Elegance, Ltd.

This is one of those patterns ... that I purchased 2nd hand.   I knew it existed, couldn't locate it anyplace.  I saw the sampler stitched and kept looking.   There are 2 samplers of berries and I still want to stitch them!

Meanwhile, I stitched the small pincushion [photo shows design on wooden stand].   When I started on light pink aida cloth, the yellow/blue didn't show up - needed to reverse those two colors in the 'pot'.    I used GAST Cherry Wine, Buttercrunch on the berries; Weeks Ivy for the leaves/stems; Needle Necessities 1342 + GAST Buttercrunch for the strawberry pot.   

These are photos of the pattern leaflet front:


4 comments:

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful xxx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

There is just something about strawberry charts! Love this one. It's going to be so cool!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looking great!

Carol said...

Very pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin