Tuesday, July 01, 2014

... while the storm was carrying on outside ...

I had some needlework in hand.    Kept one eye on weather info.  And, yep, power went out.

I think this is all I will stitch on this piece.   It is "Simply Red, Plus" designed by Sandra Sullivan - Homespun Elegance, Ltd.    c.2010.    The pattern calls for Mountain Mist, which I have, I just liked this blue better with the linen.   It is about 3 1/4 x 2 1/4"    The button from my stash, I had an amber pearl button, liked this one better.

I was looking thru my finished pieces and realize I have a couple for Independence Day.   I will have to flip thru patterns as I thought I had more.

  

Land of the Free
c.2008 Teri Richards
Shepherd's Bush 




USA
Tiny Stuff II
c.2001 Homespun Elegance. Ltd.

Finished into a pin - which I enjoy wearing or adding to a bag'


9 comments:

Sharon said...

Pretty finish and I love your patriotic pieces.mi love your pin especially!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

so fun to stitch patriotic pieces

cucki said...

pretty sweet finish..so cute
hugs x

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your finish is adorable and I love the finishing touch with the button!

Carol said...

Oh, I love your patriotic finishes!! That little pin is a great idea :) And I love the blue color you used in the first piece--really lovely...

Hope you have a fun and relaxing 4th of July!

Brigitte said...

You have some very nice patriotic pieces here. I particularly love the SB one.

bonnie said...

i love to stitch while its storming,and your work is so pretty!!!

Parsley said...

Visiting all the facebook 'prim stitchers'. Nice blog!

Parsley said...

Visiting all the facebook 'prim stitchers'. Nice blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin