Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pinkeep WIP

Thank you for all the kind comments re. my holiday ornament. It might be my favorite holiday ornament design. I have been on the SAL blog & see many many nice ornaments : )

I have ANOTHER round with this head cold, I cannot seem to shake it, & it is wearing me out. Today, I'm going to rest & read. And just look at all the housework needing to be tended to. The laundry is done ... the ironing will have to wait.

I have some progress to share on A Sampler Pinkeep The Heart's Content, Inc., 2002, designed by Maureen P. Appleton.

The top is stitched over 2 threads [40-ct] with GAST Cornflower ... the bottom is the over 1 stitching & fibers from the kit.
Here is my start on the reverse side. I'm using the fibers from the kit, 40-ct, over one thread. The pattern calls for all the background linen to be stitched, too...

IMO-My stitching isn't good. I don't care for the crowded look of the cross stitches. It will be good practice to get this finished into the 'keep'. All the supplies are in the kit.

15 comments:

The Teacup Cottage said...

I don't think it looks crowded, but I understand. Sometimes when filling something in (like a heart) or just for a different effect, I do only a half stitch (all in one direction and other times alternating rows). I did this on some "ragged guaridan angels" I did for my nieces and loved it.
Can't wait to see the finished product. I've never done a pinkeep before.

Michelle said...

I just love that design for the back of the pinkeep. You are making great progress. I've never done a pinkeep before either, so I can't wait to see yours!

mainely stitching said...

This is so very adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pinkeep. I think your stitching looks wonderful.

Cindy said...

I love this one! I have this in my stash, but haven't started it yet. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours finished...and hoping that it will motivate me to start mine :)

Cheryl said...

I think it looks great too! Ive never made a pinkeep either so look forward to seeing your progress!

stitcherw said...

I think your stitching looks great, very cute project. Looking forward to seeing it finished into a pinkeep.
Sue

Kim said...

Oh I give you soooooo much credit for stitching over one. I tried, but Im sorry, I want to keep my eye sight for awhile!

~Kim~

lena-lou said...

I think this is going to be stunning, I really, really like it. I am a fan of maureen's designs and have a couple in my stash. Your stitching looks fine to me but I 'do my own head in' getting 1/1 to look as smooth as I want it to be, so know exactly what you mean.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is a very pretty piece! You have made great progress.

Chelle said...

Ok, never mind my email about the background being stitched - I see now that's what you meant. Sorry! Anyway, the colors for this project are fantastic! I don't think your stitches look crowded, I even clicked for a closeup. I know how it "feels" though and it can be a tough stitch. Funny to think a strand of floss might be too thick to stitch with, huh? Don't give up, it's looking good!

Cathy B said...

Still under the weather huh? Gosh I hope you start feeling better soon.

We had a ton of snow dumped on us this week. Good reason to stay home and stitch!

Unknown said...

What a pretty pinkeep and your stitching is very good from what I see in your pics. The colours are very pretty too.

I am also loving your Sapler Game Board, you are making fantastic progress on it.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Lelia, Sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you feel better soon. Theres nothing like a hot drink, cozy couch, and a good book to cure what ails ya.
I love the colours on this project that you're doing, but I can't begin to imagine how small the stitches must be. With my eyesight I'm not sure I could handle it. Look forward to seeing more. Take care. Judy

Karin said...

It's looking very nice - I love the design and the colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin