Wednesday, September 12, 2007

3 Aug 2007 - Demonstration

On Friday, Aug 3rd, Elaine, Deb & I were at the Lake County Fairgrounds, Heritage Stage, for a needlework demonstration. We had EGA brochures, information re NANI, newsletters, and donated cross stitch supplies [aida cloth, cotton floss, etc] I don't know if any of the guests in our small audience came to the chapter meetings since that date. I would have liked to have been there longer to just sit & stitch - chat with those who passed by.
It was hot & humid. Did I mention very very hot & humid? Think - slippery needles! Yeah, aside from that, I think we did ok. Would I do it again? Absolutely.

I had permission from Ruth Ann Russell of C Street Samplerworks to use her motif for Queen Stitch demonstration. I used DMC floss on 28-count waterlily evenweave. Also, SharonB In a Minute Ago gave me permission to use her stitch graph. Thank you both! It is a nice way to expand needlework from cross stitch - basic x - into additional stitches.

Personally, I like the texture the queen stitch adds to samplers. I realize many of my stitching pals dread the Queen Stitch : )

13 comments:

mainely stitching said...

What a gorgeous example! Sounds like a wonderful experience, slippery needles and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow that's lovely!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!!

BeckySC said...

I love the colors!!! It looks great! It was nice to "see" you :) :) :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful queen stitches!

Barbara J said...

Thanks for coming by my blog :)

I love the colours, rich with browns!

Von said...

Queen Stitch doesn't seem to be a favorite among stitchers and it's such a shame.

Our smocking guild does demonstrations at the fair every year which we always enjoy, even tho our table isn't often crowded with lookers. Those who do stop to chat with us are always interesting. What the men are intrigued with is the pleater - most guys like tools. :D

Aussie Stitcher said...

I have never tried Queen stitches, your look lovely.

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job--your queen stitches are perfect! rr

Chelle said...

Your queen stitches are perfection! I used to dread them until I tried the turkey stitch. Now I say, bring on the queen stitches. LOL

stitcherw said...

That's beautiful, what gorgeous colors. I love the look of a queen stitch, however, I never seem to get mine to look right, yours look great.
Sue

Anonymous said...

it's seem a great beautiful job!! Queen stitches are Perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

very cute embroideries on your blog !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin