Sunday, July 20, 2008

A bit of stitching to report:

On July 12th, Needle Artisans of Northwest Indiana presented
A Day With La-D-Da's Lori Markovic

Many thanks to the Commitee Members (Mary C, Nancy H, Pat L, Cindy L, Cheryl M, and Karen U) AND sponsors (Avon Products, Country Cupboard, Sue's Needlework Finishing, House of Stitches, Perfect Angle, Redex (Udder Cream), Stitch by Stitch, Tomorrow Heirlooms, That Finishing Touch) for their generous contributions to the success of the workshop.

Not only was Lori Markovic awesome, and her kit fabulous, there were kewl goodies for participants. Check out the tote, needle case & the small booklet on the left is full of La-D-Da freebie patterns.

I didn't get much stitching accomplished (yet); however, so enjoyed chatting with stitchie friends. Some I hadn't seen for a year!
This was an exclusive kit for a pin safe project. Oh, I did get the pins done! They are terrific & if I get to Hobby Lobby this week, I want to find the pin thingies and make more.


The kit includes Belle Soie Silk from Crescent Colours on 30-count Tin Roof linen from Weeks Dye Works. It says She seeks wool & flax & works with willing hands . The cord is beautiful. I just have to get this done soon.

Coni is further along & has a wonderful picture HERE and a post about the workshop HERE.


Stitches of Life II
I've done a bit of beading & loads of what I call quilting. Specifically, hand pieced blocks FINISHED into something : ) Pictures & Post about it HERE. I was so pleased with the 4-block (for the back of my chair or couch) and pillow. Been in the closet too long!

Christmas in July
Swedish Christmas Star, Hearts, & Reindeer
Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin
Just Cross Stitch / Ornaments 1998

I used DMC 680, 3011, and 3777. I made a cord with DMC ecru floss. I cannot say for sure how many times I've stitched this pattern. I just love it! One of these days, I'll make one for me to keep : )


Love ... slow stitching
I put in a few more stitches -- and took out a few stitches : ) LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting I just love Lori's designs! Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look at this! I love La-D-Da and I bet this was just so much fun! I am SO JEALOUS :)

mainely stitching said...

You're up to some wonderful stitchy goodness, Lelia. What fabulous La-D-Da designs!!!!!! Drool all over my keyboard!!!

Cathy B said...

How lucky for you to spend a day with Lori from La D Da. Can't wait to see your finished project!

Karan said...

Lots of lovely goodies & stitched pieces. :0)

Lisa said...

I love LLD designs, sounds like you had a great time meeting LM. I think the majority of my stash charts are LLD, and BBD a close second. I enjoy your blog! :-)

staci said...

All of your stitching and projects are just gorgeous!!! Love that fabric you're using for the La-D-Da piece1

Jenna said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I recognize that pretty ornament, too. You do such a great job with them, so I really hope that you do hang on to one of the some day. :)

Kim B said...

What great fun!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin