Thursday, October 09, 2008

WIP: Peacemakers

Many thanks for e-mails and comments regarding the pin cube. I hope some of you give it a try! It is really cute on my desk : )

I started this small project "Blessed Are The Peacemakers" on 30-count linen. I used Sampler Threads Dried Thyme and Old Red Paint w/DMC floss 840 & 930. I plan to finish the lettering while the chicken bakes (chilly, rainy day here)
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin, c.1998
I found some 30-count linen which would probably look great for the small alphabet sampler -- I cannot seem to find another card of Dried Thyme or Midnight, tho, I swear I bought some not too long ago. Maybe have to go on a hunt thru other projects, or use DMC floss.

This was really a good read:I enjoyed it cover to cover : ) and look forward to the sequel being available on Nov 25th. Web Site here

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Nice pattern! That red is one of my favorite shades...

Cathy B said...

You have been so gosh darn productive lately! The cube finish is great, the marking smapler is finished, and now you are working on Mary Garry - wow!

I have this book, but I don't think I ever read it. I'm reading Knitting Bones by Monica Ferris right now.

Tanja said...

I have not read this book yet, it's on my list, but I recently finished The Knitting circle by Ann Hood. I really enjoyed reading that one.

Great stitching!

Tanja

Karan said...

That's another pretty piece.
Ohoh - the threads not in that "safe place" is it? It's like a blackhole in space, that darned thing! Hope you manage to find it soon. :0)

Karin said...

Great pattern - can't wait to see more progress.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliments on my cat quilt and baby blanket. They are things I really enjoyed. Your blog is great and you are a very talented stitcher. Your needlework is beautiful. You do some very tiny work.

mainely stitching said...

What an apt project, as the presidential election looms ...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin