Thursday, October 09, 2008

WIP: Peacemakers

Many thanks for e-mails and comments regarding the pin cube. I hope some of you give it a try! It is really cute on my desk : )

I started this small project "Blessed Are The Peacemakers" on 30-count linen. I used Sampler Threads Dried Thyme and Old Red Paint w/DMC floss 840 & 930. I plan to finish the lettering while the chicken bakes (chilly, rainy day here)
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin, c.1998
I found some 30-count linen which would probably look great for the small alphabet sampler -- I cannot seem to find another card of Dried Thyme or Midnight, tho, I swear I bought some not too long ago. Maybe have to go on a hunt thru other projects, or use DMC floss.

This was really a good read:I enjoyed it cover to cover : ) and look forward to the sequel being available on Nov 25th. Web Site here

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Nice pattern! That red is one of my favorite shades...

Cathy B said...

You have been so gosh darn productive lately! The cube finish is great, the marking smapler is finished, and now you are working on Mary Garry - wow!

I have this book, but I don't think I ever read it. I'm reading Knitting Bones by Monica Ferris right now.

Tanja said...

I have not read this book yet, it's on my list, but I recently finished The Knitting circle by Ann Hood. I really enjoyed reading that one.

Great stitching!

Tanja

Karan said...

That's another pretty piece.
Ohoh - the threads not in that "safe place" is it? It's like a blackhole in space, that darned thing! Hope you manage to find it soon. :0)

Karin said...

Great pattern - can't wait to see more progress.

averyclaire said...

Thank you for the compliments on my cat quilt and baby blanket. They are things I really enjoyed. Your blog is great and you are a very talented stitcher. Your needlework is beautiful. You do some very tiny work.

Barbara said...

What an apt project, as the presidential election looms ...

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely design and a great start.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin