Friday, October 30, 2009

Gifts

My youngest DS
went on a field trip
a couple week-ends ago

The high school group
enjoyed the 2009 Feast of the Hunters' Moon

My son brought back this
interesting metal leaf

(He actually bought two of them
kept one for himself -- he said
some ppl put them on chains like
a necklace)

I put a magnet underneath & it holds needles!


I was given a couple of gift certificats & am finally getting around to mentioning!

I guess my blogging was on back burner for awhile

The tweezers (Uncle Bill's Silver Gripper) are from
Stitches N Things
located in Michigan

I also got some awesome fibers for a punch needle project!!!
(started, doesn't look like much yet)
Many thx GF!

AND ... AND ... I had a Gift Certificate/Card from JoAnn Fabrics
which I used on the
Gingher Designer's Series
Mia



7 comments:

Kim B said...

You're so spoiled :)

Deb said...

What a great idea to attach the magnet to the leaf! Small world, I was just up at Stitches N Things yesterday. It's the only LNS close to me!

Cathy B said...

Wonderful gifts -- how thoughtful of your son. Enjoy your Mias!

Linen Stitcher said...

The Feast (as we call it around here) is a wonderful event! Hope your son enjoyed it. Love the leaf, and what a great idea to attach the magnet. It makes a beautiful stitching accessory!

Ranae said...

I love the idea for the leaf needle minder. I love those plaids scissors

CindyMae said...

Love the leaf!! That makes a great needle minder!! Great gifts!

Pat B said...

Love your leaf! I have one almost identical to it that I got at the John Deere store in Grand Detour, IL, earlier this year. They had a blacksmith giving demonstrations on how to make one from a thin steel rod. Fascinating. Wouldn't have thought to put a magnet behind it for a needle keeper.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin