Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Beaded Button


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My second attempt (first photo)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My first attempt (second photo)

On September 21, 2002, I attended a workshop taught by Judy Hendrix, who taught our EGA chapter How to Make a Beaded Button. I have made TWO. Our chapter is having a repeat workshop on September 17th .... and I was asked to Assist teaching.

I have three more buttons prepared to embellish with seed beads. It is a very interesting project & I get a kick out of seeing everyone make up their own - unique - buttons. Once the buttons are decorated, a pin backing is attached. Additonal link in sidebar ...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your buttons are beautiful. What a wonderful look. Thay will make a beautiul peice of jewelry. My mom make beautiful beaded buttons and has them on her purses, jackets and uses the to "knot" her scarves. So many wonderful ways they will be used. You may just start getting "addicted" to making them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy this weekend! :D

Love the fancy beaded buttons and all of your stitching finishes. I have many Mill Hill ornament kits awaiting my retirement in several decades. At which point I probably won't care about Christmas as much. ;)

The needlebook will look great when it's finished and I can't wait to see what you do with the M. Garry design. BTW, I agree that it should be on a darker linen with all of those lovely light colors.

Enjoy your meeting tonight and make sure you post your sale purchases tomorrow!

BeckySC said...

WOW, you are multi-talented :)
These look great! NICE job and you will be an asset to the class :)
Good luck :)

Thanks for sharing your talents with us :)

Cathy B said...

Your buttins are very unique! Isn't fun trying new things? Thanks for sharing these with us!

Kitty Couture said...

How pretty! It's unbelievable! Those are jewels. You are a very nimble-fingered and multi-talented lady Lelia.

Chelle said...

That looks like FUN! Very pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin