Monday, March 26, 2007

progress pics

Is this kewl, or what? These were given to the workshop participants. They are 3" square measuring rulers. Luv it : )








I appreciate all the kind e-mails & comments re. Hillside Samplings group project. I think the workshop (on Saturday) went well. I did not get much stitching accomplished during the workshop; however, did enjoy needlechat + meeting new stitchers.

Per request, I have posted a close-up picture of the needlebook cover (above)
and a close-up picture of the alphabet. There are four different stitches in the alphabets: rice stitch, palestrina knot, smyrna cross, 4-sided stitch.

(Note to non-bloggers, if you click on a photo - they will enlarge on your computer screen.)
Progress picture. I worked on this piece of linen before & during the workshop. I wanted to be sure to have the pocket edges counted out correctly -- and the fob outline counted out correctly. I'm thinking there might be enough linen to make a small pinkeep [with mat board]. I was lucky to find pins on 50% off sale. I do need some sort of cardboard or mat board for the pinkeeps -- see, I've never made one.
Progress picture. This is the bottom piece - and the pockets & tufted pincushion will be sewn on. I will put the flowers on before adding the lining.

As for the question re. the thread winder in my previous post: The thread winder & ruler are extra - not part of the stitching kit. I ordered the thread winder separately from the kit. I did not purchase the ruler. I don't know if they are still available.

During the workshop - stitching time - my GF, Mel, pulled out her instructions for Chottie's Plaid. It was a class from a previous EGA chapter meeting. Lucky for us, the woman who taught the group was at the next table -- and gave us hands-on instruction & stitched up a sample. It is so awesome to watch them progress. Thank you Marge G for the hands-on lesson!

After the EGA class, I went home & I tried this technique - I made a mess of it!! After getting a step-by-step from Marge G -- I know how to create these reversible plaids. There is a nice web site here with photos, freebies, info, etc. I came home, unearthed my directions - pulled out the threads & plan to start a new plaid w/spring colors.

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lelia everything you do is superb! I mean really this is going to be exceptional when finished and all put together...can't wait to see the final product :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great so far! This is going to be really cool when you are finished.

BeckySC said...

Oh MY! I am loving it! Can't wait to see more :)

LivnLaf said...

All of it is totally cool!

stitcherw said...

What a cute 3" measure unit, and your stitching looks great. I really enjoyed seeing the different stitches that make up the alphabet.
Sue

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I love the specialty stitches in that alphabet. It is quite unique. Great progress!!

lena-lou said...

You do such beautiful things and this is going to be a lovely one to see finished by you :-)I like the wee ruler as well!

Adana said...

I enjoy watching your work on the Hillside piece. I have it myself to stitch one day and just haven't found the courage to dig it out and add it to the other many things I have going on. Once I decrease that number I hope to throw it into the rotation. Keep up the good work, it's lovely.

Cathy B said...

Glad you had so much fun at the workshop stitching with friends. Looking forward to seeing more of your Hillside Samplings project!

Anonymous said...

How do you like the Palestrina knots? I did a piece last year that had an entire border of Palestrina knots and I was a bit tired of them when I was finished. I think that I didn't like the way they were laying because they were done in pearl cotton.

Anonymous said...

Lelia, I'm a little late adding my comment to this posting, but I just wanted to say what a wonderful job you're doing on this project. In fact, I've had this one in my stash for a while, and you've inspired me to get going on it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin