Thursday, March 22, 2007

"oops, I forgot ...."

I was reminded by my GF, Mel, of the workshop being held on Saturday! oops ... how could I have forgotten? NANI is sponsoring a workshop on a project I started ... back in 2001. Yikes! I pulled out my kit to see if I still had everything together. I have gone thru all the directions & practiced some of the stitches. When I took the class a few years ago, we stitched the front of the needlebook during Stitcher's Day Out (4/2001) ... and after that, I managed some stitching on the longish piece ...
I would like to finish the alphabet this week ... and possibly add some of the beautiful flowers. I doubt I have enough of the green DMC floss & will have to pick some up before Saturday.

This is what it is supposed to look like once finished ... this picture is from the Hillside Samplings web site.

Did you notice the small shamrock in the first photo? It is a gift graph from Linn on her 3/17 blog post.
The Embroideress was the first blog I ever read! I heard about blogging from EGA, surfed around looking at the stitching blogs & decided to start one of my own.

Another interesting find, from SharonB's Blog was a link to John Taylor's book, The Needles Excellency (1631). If you are interested ... check it out!!! post is here.

This week-end is the SAL for holiday ornaments, keep an eye on the Ornamant SAL blog. I was surprised to see Adana's pictures -- because she stitched the EXACT ornament I had planned to work on this week-end!! Like minds : )

15 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohh...that is going to be a STUPENDOUS stitchers wallet when complete...I just recently found Hillside Samplings and I really, really like a lot of their designs :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the workshop! Yours is going to be absolutely lovely!!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful piece! Enjoy your class :)

BeckySC said...

GF...I am DROOOOOLING here :) I love that piece! WOW!!!! Have a great time at the class :)

Cathy B said...

I've always wanted to acquire that piece for my stash. Hope you get lots of stitching done on it this weekend!

stitcherw said...

That will be gorgeous when done, the part you have started already looks lovely. Have fun at the workshop,
Sue

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, what a lovely piece, Lelia... and what you've stitched is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finish! :-)

Oh, I forgot this was the last weekend in the month... where has the time gone? I'll have to get busy and finish my ornie! I'm sooo behind...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments... :-)

Unknown said...

This will be so pretty when you have completed it, looks like you got a good start.

Carol said...

That is a gorgeous project!! Have fun :-)

The Teacup Cottage said...

That will be really pretty when done! Hope you have fun at the workshop!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is soooo pretty! You have done a great job so far.

Anita said...

It is such a pretty piece. I love that HS one. Have a great time with your class.

Wendy said...

That's a gorgeous design! I have admired it from seeing it finished on other blogs. Can't wait to see you working on it!

Von said...

What a great choice for a workshop, such a beautiful design! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been yearning to buy and stitch up this one for myself, so I will enjoy watching your progress. There were enough parts to the design that weren't quite me enough that I decided I would design my own at some point. Yeah, right. ;) I'm glad that you've picked it up again!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin