Monday, June 16, 2014

Before moving along to the next project ....

how about finishing one?  Needlework/stitching is completed.   I changed it a little bit from the pattern.   And added color to the project.   Photo from pattern on the left of the actual stitched rollup.   I put the scissors charm on the scissors keeper.   The pre-finished pieces are really fun to embellish.     I've been using the pieces while they were in progress for needles, scissors, fibers, thread winders, etc.  
 Almost -- I have a few tatting patterns out.   I'd like to edge the brown felt piece with some tatting.   The needlework is probably completed.   When I sew the tatted edge on, I will also sew the bottom of the stitched part - to create a pocket.  

 The Scissors pocket - fits inside the lowest pocket on the roll.   The back has a nice magnet for a book of needles, a needle rest - or just to keep the scissors inside.   The fancy pins were a gift from   Vickie    , who blogs at A Stitcher's Story.  
This set is STITCHED - just not finished.   I need to sew the bottom of the front panels [to form a pockets] and sew the small piece into a pincushion.   I may use some tatted trim.   Not sure how I'll embellish the pincushion - it seems so small.      
The stitched initials are from BBD A Stitcher's Journey.   The patterns, by Sandra Sullivan Homespun Elegance, Ltd.,  are pictured below.    I used Week's Baked Apple on the roll.   Simply Shaker Cidermill Brown for scissors, couple initials.   Also used Simply Shaker Heirloom Gold for the initial on the roll.   Dried Thyme [GAST] for all the green.   Crescent Colours Used Brick on scissor pocket, fold over + soon to be pincushion.   All the Blue from skein of Needle Necessities, Inc. #1342.   Amber Pearl Buttons, Scissors Charm, safety pins.   And, will add tatting this or next week.   


While hunting down my amber pearl buttons ... I found my HE ABC ornament/fob pattern + supplies AND my Bent Creek snapper project.  They had been hiding from me -- I knew I put them someplace, and at last unearthed them.  I pulled out some fibers for the BBD Her Sampler.   
 I have mixed a few silk and cotton fibers.   I have linen, too.   It is hiding!   I want to finished the Homespun Elegance pieces first - then will pick up the alphabet sampler.   If you have not seen the sampler - visit the Blackbird Design blog and follow the link to the free pattern.           




7 comments:

Brigitte said...

A wonderful project that you started finishing up. The brown felt will look great with some tatting around it.
Good luck with your new projects. They sound very promising.

cucki said...

Beautiful projects..
Sweet stitches ..sweet hugs x

Karol R Johns said...

Looks lovely!

Paisley said...

Very pretty!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your small accessories are just darling! Isn't it always the way--you find something that has been missing for a long time while looking for something else entirely!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful needleroll and love all the pieces that go with it. What a treasure and extremely useful.
Great special changes you added.
Love it all!
love Annette

Sharon said...

Your needle roll is gorgeous! You have some great projects lined up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin