Monday, October 27, 2014

Blog Hop Around the World



Gracie, blogging at Needles, Pins, and Dragonfliesinvited me to join the 

Blog Hop Around the World

Grace has a fabulous blog.  She usually has oodles of projects in the works, participates  in swaps, round robins, + exchanges.   Her tatting is beautiful!    Take a peek and enjoy her needlework, tatting, sewing, and beautiful garden/nature photos.     Btw - chocolate.   Grace enjoys chocolate, tea (after morning coffee), and collects thimbles.    

To continue the global hop -- don't miss these great sites:

CathyB blogging at With Needle + Thread.
Cathy has spectacular hardanger + needlework projects on her blog, many from special workshops and events.  Her stitching and finishing are marvelous.   In addition to Cathy's projects, i enjoy the special posts about Hovej Embroidery and about her Mom (who tats)!   Enjoy traveling along with Cathy and enjoy her special blog.

Barbara, blogging at Mainley Stitching.
Barbara has a wonderful blog with animals, creative needlework & projects PLUS the family 'chateau chaos' activities.   In addition to Cathy's blog [above],  this is one of the first few blogs I ever read!   In addition to needlework, I've always enjoyed the animal and garden photographs.  Following Barbara's writing/posts is always a pleasure - never know what she will showcase in her near-daily posts.


1. What am I working on?

currently in my needlework tote:

Stitching workshop piece - Old Saybrooke Sampler

Bent Creek - Autumn Row
C Street Samplerworks -  Mary Hannah Gipson Sampler
Biscornu SAL 
Scarlet Letter (Year w/Scarlet  Letter)
Homespun elegance pieces  

In my tatting bag:

a couple workshop pieces from Lace Day[s]
Mini-tats book
Japanese tatting kit + couple patterns
Half-embellished origami bag with tatting motifs and edges.

Also enjoy my small pin loom (weaving), sewing - esp origami bags, fabric flower making/embellishing w tatting, sketching / drawing, punch needle   [other things in the works, too]


2. How does my work differ from others?

Most people actually finish!   i tend to enjoy the journey.   

3. Why do I write/create what I do?


I have no idea.   I just start itching to be creative and I find projects speak louder than words.   It is fun to follow a pattern-make small changes so it remains unique.   Or, a bit more challenging - to have an idea and follow thru to a 'finish'... or, you know - buy a pattern because it inspires you!!!

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

  For many years, i have had problems sleeping.   And, when I settle down and focus on an in-hand project, I can relax, rest, and it has a restorative effect.    


2 comments:

cucki said...

so sweet..thank you for sharing x

gracie said...


Thank you for accepting my invite for this fun hop. Thank you for always taking the time to visit with me....would love for it to be in person one day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin