Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Stitches Midwest, Aug 6-9 ... Part One

DD + I attended Stitches Midwest in Schaumburg, IL.   We were overwhelmed enjoyed getting our feet wet.    Being new knitters, thought we would enjoy learning some tips, techniques, take a class, and enjoy spending time together.

First thing, I signed up for Free, one-hour crochet session.  Thank you Marly Bird and Skacel.    My name filled the last line on the page + I really wanted DD & I to take the class together.    At class time, Marly Bird found a chair, supplies, etc., for DD to sit in on our session.    Y A Y.    Goodness we sucked in class.   The will was there and our hooks were not very confident.    I can chain and single crochet -- never mind starting with 10 , next row 8, next row 9, next row 7 ---- oops learning to increase and decrease- not.     DD had a tight crochet piece - looked pretty decent by the end of our hour.   Was encouraged the whole time by our instructor and other class participants.     Aside from the printed instructions, we have a nice letter & beginner's pattern from Jodi Roush.   And -- an awesome  skacel publication, skacel bag,
Addi comfort grip  hook, and beautiful Reggae yarn [awesome to practice with this yarn].    With the help of friends and you-tube, I just might improve!   While browsing the booths, stopped at Erin Lane and I bought a Marly bag.    DD found lovely bag with zipper ---- cat proof!  [so nice a bag, we went back the next day so she could purchase another one.  

Did I mention booths, shopping?   for toys tools? 

Pins & needles?


 Lamb pin, which I wore on my sweater, by Lickin Flames.  Fat, dark Knitting Needles were gift from WEBS if you purchased from their booth.

The needle set with owls are hexagonal - cherry wood by Indian Lake Artisans.   [not pictured - knitters pride square needles - and sock size needles including Addi circulars from Yarnbarn].

How I adore my Gnome Acres bag - ask DD to show you the yarn she bought in their booth!

After a day and a half, I have quite a collection of cards.   I adore the logos and colorful flyers.  Card/flyer w/ruler, card w/needle inventory on the back, or sweet photographs, and discount codes.   Too much fun.   As we went along the aisles, we had notes on the cards about pattern names, and - some for a return visit on our second day.

more about stitches midwest in the next post ......

P.S.  After reading this blog post -- LINK HERE -- I've been on the look-out for 4-n-1 Boye tool.   When I was shopping for an inexpensive shredder - I found them.     Have not tried using yet.




3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Your knit goody look fun and enjoy seeing!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW! Awesome time to be had by all it appears :) I love the logos and the fun that the buttons and cards/flyers show...how great!

Carol said...

What a great experience for you and your daughter, Pam! Sounds like you came home simply brimming with inspiration :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin