Saturday, April 14, 2007

WIP: Jana P. Kerr's Mystery Sampler

A couple weeks ago, GF - Sue D [without blog] showed me her mystery sampler, from NeedleArts Magazine [EGA publication]. She is stitching parts of this in the evenings. Her banding looks GREAT : )

I couldn't even remember where I had left off!!! Pulled it out of the closet yesterday & added a few more stitches.



I finished up lesson 10 of 15: small eyelets [alpha letters S-Z], Standish stitch, Montenegrin, & Long-armed cross stitch bands.

Started lesson 11 of 15: blackwork border [strapwork in blue fiber]. Perhaps I'll get the queen stitch [strawberry motif] stitched later today

11 comments:

stitcherw said...

Very pretty, your different bands look great. I'm looking forward to seeing your queen stitches. Those are so lovely looking, however, they are the one stitch (in addition to french knots) that I can never seem to get to look right. Using them for a strawberry motif sounds cute.
Sue

BeckySC said...

WOW! That's looking amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching is looking fantastic! Cant wait to see more of this!

mainely stitching said...

Nice colors in this one, too, Lelia! And all the special stitches came out beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I love this band sampler, the colours are so pretty and the speciality stitches make it so interesting!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Very nice! It is looking stupendous!

Zsuzsa said...

Hi, Leila!

Congratulation! You are very good neeleworker! Your works are very nice! All goods! Zsuzsa from Hungary

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's pretty. The colors are wonderful!

Carol said...

I love your mystery sampler - nice to see it again!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I can't wait to see more progress.

Jenna said...

Congrats on picking this one back up again. Haven't seen it in a while!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin