Monday, May 05, 2008

Q & A

Thank you for your kind comments! And, to answer some questions:


On May 5, 1998, I joined the local chapter, Needle Artisans of Northwest Indiana (NANI) of The Embroiderers' Guild of America, Inc. (EGA). TEN YEARS AGO!!! I've been stitching for 10 years : ) Happy Stitching Anniversary TO ME : )

- - o - o - o - -


The threadwinders seen in above photograph & pictured in this post are inexpensive, & purchased at Hobby Lobby. They were 50% off in the beading aisle. Called River Shell Pendant, Traditions, Natural Gallery. I bought a couple of them & use them as thread winders.


- - o - o - o - -

Yes, I finished a couple of blocks. I don't know which one to submit.More information on the Friendship Quilt, 2008 HERE .

- - o - o - o - -

Mary: Here is a picture of the needlebook (rabbit):

It is from:In The Woods, The Prairie Schooler, c.1994, Book No. 46. I also stitched the Chipmunk for another needlebook:

13 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy stitchiversary!

Mylene said...

Both needlebooks looks great.
Happy anniversary!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog and nice to "meet" you. I love those 'In The Woods' PS animals. I have made them several times over for various projects. In regards to the Valdani threads...I saw them advertised in Pieceworks magazine. Are they like DMC or different? Where are you able to buy them?....not that I dare buy another thread.

Kim B said...

Happy anniversary!!

mainely stitching said...

I scored that PS booklet about a year ago, intending to sit down IMMEDIATELY and stitch everything in it. Sigh... I haven't even done one yet!

Happy anniversary on your guild membership!! :D

Jane said...

Happy Anniversary, I wish you could come more often!

Jane

SandraRee said...

Happy anniversary on your membership! Nice job on both needlebooks. I like your blocks also. :)

samplerlover said...

Happy anniversary! Your PS animals are beautiful. I love the rabbit.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I love stopping by yours to find a lot of useful info. - take care - Sandra.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a tenth stitching anniversary! Is that the linen anniversary or perhaps the silk anniversary? Just wondered. . . . Whether you celebrate it with new stash or with plenty of stitching time, enjoy! You've made lovely progress on your projects. I especially love the PS needlebooks. Those designs are *perfect* for that finish!

Stitchingranny said...

Some lovely work there.

staci said...

Adorable needlebooks :) And love your clever idea for the thread winders...I may have to search out hobby lobby!

stitcherw said...

What fun needlebooks, I love the one with the Chipmunk. Chipmunks are such fun little creatures, I love watching them.
Sue

Chelle said...

Happy anniversary! The threadwinders are pretty kewl. Maybe I should wander down the beading aisle at HL more often. Love your PS stitching!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin