Thursday, February 22, 2007

Antique Patterns & SBQ

Interested in Antique patterns? Check out Antique Pattern Library website. I enjoyed looking at the DMC patterns!

***** ***** *****

Today's SBQ was suggested by Kathryn and is:

Q. What is the smallest count fabric you have ever used? Did you stitch over one? Conversely, what is the largest count fabric you have ever used?

My Answer: The afghan I'm currently stitching is 7 cs/inch ... which would be a 14-count ground. Some day, I'd like to try a Watercolour Design by Sekas & Co. They are stitched on 10-count Tula fabric.


I stitched one side of A Sampler Pinkeep on 40-count hand-dyed Iced Cappuccino linen. It is over-one ... I really should get the other side stitched & put this pinkeep together!

IMO, 40-count is too small for over-one stitching. IMO-this would be very nice over two threads on 40-count linen.

The permalink to this post is: Renée's Blog >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< "Stitched with Love and Cat Hair"

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Kewl link!

I agree with you re: over one on 40 ct. fabric. I think most cotton floss is too thick for a full cross. I don't like the look to be that bulky. Lately I've been using a tent stitch and only crossing the stray stitches that hang out and are obvious. It looks pretty good without magnification.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

1 over 1 on 40...that would be miserable! Plus it would stick up like a --- I don't know what...but something! LOL!
Your pinkeep looks lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Love your Sampler pinkeep! I agree with you about over one on 40ct though - tried it, won't be doing it again! ;)

mainely stitching said...

Oh thank you for that link! I have one of the DMC vintage books, but not the others! :)

Carol said...

Pretty pinkeep! I agree about the over one stitching on 40 ct - I have quite a bit of it to do on Bordeaux Sampler, and last night it gave me a very bad headache - so much squinting, and I have good vision and a good light!

stitcherw said...

Very pretty. I've worked over one on 40 ct silk gauze before, but not regular fabric. Your pinkeep will be lovely when done.
Sue

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin