Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Lake Co Fair Results, Part One

Stay Tuned ... more tomorrow:

Red Desert Scissor Pocket
2006 Limited Edition designed to house Gingher's Lanell 4" scissors
c. The Cat's Whiskers Design Studio 2006

Stitch Count: 130H x 31W. Stitched with #74 Red Dust Silk Thread and #29 Nullabor Cotton Thread by Dinky Dyes on 28-count Cashel Vintage Linen. Stitched per kit. 3/8" copper button. Beautiful cotton lining : )

Soweth Sampler
c.Birds of a Feather, SAM202

Stitch Count: 81w x 81H. Stitched with Weeks Dye Works Rum Raisin, Schneckley, Terra Cotta, Cinnabar, Cocoa, Conch, Celadon, Dried Sage, & Dolphin on 29 count Natural Glenshee Linen. IMO - the frame & Dolphin fiber are a perfect match ... more blue than the picture reflects.

Close-up

Peyote Stitch in-the-round Necklace
GCC Course: Fun w/Beads and Peyote Stitch by Margaret Fleming

A couple years ago, I learned how to do the peyote in-the-round from an EGA course. {see yesterday's post} At that time, I made a scissors fob using this beading technique. I tried multiple times to make the necklace without any success. This Summer, I made new cording (DMC #822 pc #5) in the perfect size for the beads I chose. I used Green Iris 8/0 #2028 + natural 11/0 #431 seed beads and Sil Lined Turquoise + Iris Blue Delicas. "S" silver clasp. This is over 30" & IMO - looks better on, than laying on the table : )

Bumble Bee Inn
c.2001 Mill Hill - Spring Bouquet Pins VIII MHSB63

Stitch Count: 26W x 28H. Used DMC floss, Mill Hill Beads & Mill Hill Treasures on perforated paper per kit. Felt on back.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Congratulations! Your work is fantastic!

Anita said...

wow, wonderful stitching and precious ribbons.

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your wins!

Your post reminds me...I still have my Red Desert piece in my "to finish" pile. I need to pull that out and get it done!!

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh, that necklace is fabulous! Can you tell I'm on a beading kick right now?

Myrna said...

Hey Girlfriend!! Everything is beautiful!!!

(I need to 'finish' my scissor pocket -- you are an inspiration!)

Hugs...

stitcherw said...

Congratulations, they all look great. The Soweth Sampler is my favorite.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on just simply beautiful work.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on the ribbons! These pieces are all beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I can't beleive how many pieces you've entered!

Carol R said...

What a gorgeous scissor pocket and love your beading too.

Please visit with me at my blog - I have a scissor fob up for grabs - just leave a comment to say you would like to be in the draw. Everyone welcome

http://istitchaholic.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin