Friday, May 14, 2010

needlelace progress

so far:
I really should have started with the motif
on the other side of the bookmark.

the instructions were to make the flower
(the motif with the points)
from the center outward
and then couch down fibers in between motifs ...

Yep, that would have been easier ...

The buttonhole filling looked complicated, so I started on the other end

As I was making the buttonhole stitching in the center
ring & bringing fibers into the sides,
I realized I needed fibers in between
the motifs to anchor the side fiber.

I managed to figure a way to get the fiber couched down
and will get it wrapped (overcast stitch) later today/tonight

the other lines are supposed to be buttonhole (I think)

picture in progress:

This is what the back looks like
I've been couching with green
sewing thread ...

If you want to give this a try, go to
Needlelace

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Looking around the internet, I found:
Reticella: a walk throuth the beginnings of Lace, Link Here
has nice background info
with project
& bibliography

this site
has links to on line lace books

4 comments:

Cathy B said...

Hi Lelia! Very interesting project you are working on - you are so brave to try new things! Can't wait to see the finished bookmark!

Judy S. said...

I'm enjoying watching your progress on this; it's fascinating!

Linen Stitcher said...

Even though you said you did something wrong, I think this looks absolutely perfect. Very interesting project! I'll be watching to see how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW...never saw anything like this. It's very interesting. Will be beautiful. Such detailed work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin