Wednesday, February 01, 2017

knitting update

EDITED 02/17/2017


This is my bag in progress.  I'm using Erika Knight's british blue wool -- six colors.

Knitting in the round on size 6 circular.

Next - add the circular bottom in the dk teal color.   Not sure about the cord --- pattern suggests an icord, I'm thinking spool knitter!

when I started the bottom, the yarn had a knot!   so, I'm undecided about the 'fix' -- since it is on the bottom, I may pull out the rows and start with yarn without a knot.   Cannot decide if it would weaken the bottom of the bag (which I really don't want to line with fabric).


before the bag - had a few 'swatches' -- here is the linen stitch:
 made with Cascade sparrow, lilac, and (maybe) Gelato/yellow.

 I took an all day mitten class in November.
 I have one mitten finished
& need to start the twin!   This is Plymouth Yarn, Baby Alpace Agrande.  Who knows, probably Winter will be over with before I even start ....

This is my IOLI Convention , class project , in the works:
 Kelli Slack's Class - using Liliput yarn.   The pattern is by Kelli Slack, called
Ilwaco Shawlette --     


Edited 02/17/2017 -- because I have been asked, the ornaments I use are glass.   Came in a box of 12 from one of the craft stores.   (ie JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels ... maybe Hobby Lobby )   Inexpensive as I recall.    

I had fun filling glass ball ornaments (Size 2 5/8")  with itty bitty knitting ...

Yarn used is 100% pure wool from the Shetlands - Jamieson & Smith - from knitting store sale bin.  Says to use size 3 knitting needles.   I'm guessing any lace weight yarn will do.

These were sent to Gracie (blogging at Needles, Pins, and Dragonflies): 


On the left side, "Peace", HD yarn by Marilee Rockley (was a gift).   It is sortof like crewel yarn/wool.    On the right something from the knitting store sale bin called 'dream' Tahki Yarns.   I'm guessing crochet cottons would work, too.

Some Progress made on Hitch hiker wrap:  


Of the projects - this one seems easy to knit.   Would like to finish soon.





4 comments:

gracie said...

I just love that ornament!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun post to read today! As a newbie knitter, I really enjoy seeing what others have on the needles and their FO's.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, so many wonderfully knitted projects.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Wow, you are really going to town on your knitting, Girl! I love all your projects, and a six-color bag! It's gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin