Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Now I Lay Me ...

Now I Lay Me ...
La-D-Da
Copyright 2003 Lori Markovic

Pattern suggested Sampler Threads -- design size 104w x 144h. I stitched this on 28-count (packaged linen by DMC). DMC flosses used: 317 & 318 [greys]; 782 & 783 [golds]; 3051 & 3052 [greens]; 221 & 3722 [reds]; 310 & 3799 [dark border]. The buttons in the corners were Mill Hill [I think]. They were given to me by a friend & were an excellent embellishment on this pillow. The fabric was from my stash -- had multiple blue & grey shades plus sparklies.

Actually, the colors in the photo [below] are more accurate. Cameras and lighting seem difficult, today!!


Still snowing here. It should end sometime this afternoon/evening & sounds like we are in for another rain-sleet-ice storm Saturday night into Sunday morning.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the swirly patterns and the buttons!

Anita said...

It is very pretty. Wow, I love seeing your stitching won awards. They deserved the best.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty finish!

LivnLaf said...

Sweet!!!!! As far as your snow goes...at least people know how to drive in it where you are...most likely.

Cathy B said...

Such a cute pillow!

You've been stitching up a storm lately - great finishes!

We've received quite a bit of snow up here too - expecting more tomorrow. Of course, life in MN goes on, regardless of the snow!

Von said...

Great stitching, Lelia!

Stay safe in that snow. :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

This is STUNNING :)
I love it and have recently found a "thing" for La D Da patterns ;)

Sally said...

What a beautiful finish:)

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Lelia, I love it!!!

Carla said...

very pretty! congrats!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I like the buttons you added too. :)

Sonda said...

That is a wonderful pattern! You finished it up very nicely! I'm gonna have to add it to me my ever-growing wish list!

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Leila! I love it. congrats.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous pillow and the little buttons match perfectly! Great job!!!

Cheryl said...

Such a gorgeous pillow! Beautiful finishing

stitcherw said...

What a fun finish, the fabric and buttons you found for it are perfect.

Not sure what weather we're going to get here. They have been saying snow/sleet for two days and just moving the start time along as it hasn't hit yet. I'm hoping it doesn't hit real early tomorrow morning so that I have to drive in it to work. A 45 min. commute when the weather is nasty takes so much longer and by the time I get to work I'm so stressed I just want to scream.
Sue

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love this finish, congrats. Happy Stitching and Holidays

Anonymous said...

Great finish!

Anonymous said...

Love this finish!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin