Saturday, April 01, 2006

Progress Pictures:

Here is the project Nicholas is stitching. He had to re-stitch the entire wing on the lower left side. It is Lavender & Lace: "Fairy Dreams" by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum. He purchased the kit (from the discount bin). He ran out of a couple #8 Kreinik braids & 2 floss colors. Maybe b/c of frogging -- I told him to keep working the piece & we'd go shopping for what he needs later on. (LNS is a 35-40 min drive)

I spent a lot of time in bed yesterday ... didn't accomplish much. This head cold is turning into a sore throat & chest cold. I snagged some of the 'Amethyst' Watercolours (drat) + will re-stitch. This a.m. DH said I am sounding worse instead of better. Yeah, I know "whine, whine, whine"

The bead issue seems silly; however, it will make a difference. With the darker bead on the edge -- it sorta looks like the DARK lines in a coloring book -- don't think I want that b/c the stitches are so lite & airy looking on the (side & corner) ends. With the yellow beads, they aren't very noticeable; however, keep the sides lite. (can enlarge the picture with a click)

I don't know Lili, maybe using the darker beads around the corners & the lighter bead in the sides might work. I keep looking at it wondering. I still have another side to do + frog-n-fix the snagged Watercolour.

10 comments:

Cathy B said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather - drig lots of hot tea and rest up!

Nicholas' project looks great and so does yours!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon.

WOW That is a stunning piece.

Unknown said...

P.S. Nicholas is doing a fantastic job :)

Carol said...

Carol, I hope you feel better soon.... ohmy.... Nicholas is a master stitcher! I cannot get enough of watching his progress on Fairy Dreams! My DH just saw it and I think he is feeling ashamed of himself for not picking up his xs project since December!!

mainely stitching said...

hey, you get better!!

Your son's project is just incredible. I still can't get over it!

Myrna said...

Hope you are feeling better today...

Both projects look great! (I like the darker beads).

Becca is on Spring Break this week, so we are going to try the little kit I got her sometime...

Later, GF!

Leeland said...

Nicholas' work is fantastic! I just couldn't help mentioning it on my blog...
I am so sorry to read that you're feeling worse. Poor you... It's an awful cold! I hope it goes away soon! Kill those nasty germs! Kill'em! (that's all I found to encourage my DD take her medicine... the warrior's language suits her better than the Princess's... lol)
I have been thinking about this bead issue, and I totally agree with your analysis. I wonder if there isn't a third solution, that would be to try one of the shades of the watercolour? But that's an even more difficult issue then, and would it still respect the whole spirit of the design? Both bead colours are perfect, really. Hence the difficulty to make a decision...
Get some rest, and take care, Lelia!
Lili

Kim said...

Your son is an amazing stitcher! He is doing just fabulous! Very impressive.

And your project looks so pretty! It definately doesn't look like a coloring book.

Hope you feel better soon. :D

Anne S said...

Aaaaah, I can't believe how long it is since I've commented, so I'm catching up on everything today! Just want to say I absolutely Adore with a capital A your canvaswork piece - I've been in love with this ever since I saw your first post about it months and months ago ... it's absolutely exquisite! I was going to add my comments about the bead colour choices, but I'm sure by now you've probably finished it ... so I'm off to scan the rest of your posts to track it down ;P

Michelle said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Your WIP is looking lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin