Sunday, January 25, 2009

Misc ...

I finished my Inner Child Doll, and have plans to make more -- now that I know the basics!
I pulled out my knitting spools & used up some crewl yarn left overs. More on spools HERE
Before I'm asked, no, I don't knit with real needles - or crochet. My Mother-in-Law gave me a container of crochet hooks & I use them once in awhile for needlework
- - - - - - -
This Crib Quilt was made by our friend Juanita H.
My Mom bought it from her & gave it to DH & I for Christmas
I told my Mom that I would save it in the cedar chest until one of our children marries & starts a family of their own.
It looks like a stamped design - Juanita did the cross stitch & then quilted the border. She added binding and a beautiful cotton back. Juanita is probably my Mom's age (in her 80's) and our families spent a lot of time together while I lived at home.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your comfort doll is just lovely! How cool that you finished it! That quilt is absolutely precious!

Zan Asha said...

Hello there! Thank you for your sweet comments on the OWOH blog...I am in love with your work, especially your inner child doll! Nice to meet you!

mainely stitching said...

She is so beautiful, Lelia!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Lelia, your doll turned out great! Your rolled edge looks like you got it down! The cat quilt is pretty, and I can imagine the work involved. It would be a nice gift for a first grandchild. As if I need another gadget to play with, I am going to have to try those knit tools. I think they would make great purse straps?????
Have a great day!
Smiles,Pat

Anonymous said...

Love your inner child doll. Nice blog you have here. Thanks for stopping by mine for the OWOH event. I'm from NE Indiana, so nice to meet you.

geeky Heather said...

Love the inner child doll!! She is so original and pretty!

I have that book on my goodreads list to read! You asked what book I haven't been able to put down recently...I tend to like fantasty, so I really enjoyed Jasper Fforde's "The Big Over Easy." But I think the last one that was truly addicting was the last of Robin Hobb's Golden Fool trilogy (the second trilogy dealing with those characters). The second book in that trilogy is also the last one that made me cry!!!

Tammy said...

what a great little quilt! And your doll is absolutely exquisite--seriously! I pop over here just to gaze in envy at it, it's so pretty! You really did a great job on that.

Kit said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your work is beautiful. Good luck on the drawing!

Wendy said...

Great finish with your doll ! She is so colourful. And the quilt from your family friend is a great keepsake. You can tell how much she enjoyed making it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a lot of work, beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love your doll, and that quilt is just precious! yeah, I'm such a nut for the kitties! lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin