Thursday, September 08, 2011

back from Florida ....



Yesterday, I visited the Patchwork Pig in Lakeland, FL.
It was a lovely shop and I found some beautiful fabric pieces
for Kanzashi flowers.

While in Florida, I visited the Morse Museum and was delighted with all the Tiffany on display. The pieces on display included jewelry, lamps, pottery, paintings, windows - and the chapel interior designed for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition (was in Chicago). Impressive!!!

In addition to Morse, I visited the nearby
the Cornell Fine Arts Museum. (pictured above)

The Cornell had a fabulous Albert Bierstadt painting on display. Oh my, stunning. In addition they had two galleries of photography - and I enjoyed the Watch Keys. A whole display case of watch keys - with carvings, gems, shapes, crystals, coins ... very creative keys!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin