Thursday, March 14, 2024

Button 45: One Reproduction Button ..... Costume Button

 Schaumburg star w/foil + Needle weave points.

1" wooden bead.   DMC Perle 8 Color 321.
DMC Perle 5 Colors 367 and 321.


This button was created a few months ago, and I didn't care for the one I made then.  

  I even added an edge.

I didn't think it was quite 'right', based on
the instruction and photographs in the book.

I like the new one.   I used a smaller button mold.   Actually a wooden bead.  
About an inch in size.   I started with DMC Perle 8, Color 321.
Switched to Coton Perle 5, Color 367 + Color 321.
The shiny paper was from a Hallmark envelope.



There are beginner Dorset Button
Sessions listed via The Lace Museum virtual education
web page.

If you are interested in giving buttons a try, 
check out the site.


If you are familiar, there are also workshops for a Dorset Tree,
Spring Flower, and one with crystal beads.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin