Thursday, May 30, 2024

Not quite to 100 buttons (yet) ....

While I still have a few more buttons to create .... I want to thank all of you for following along.  I think you can see the progress I've made.

If you were thinking to go on this button making journey -- you might want to look into the course information and details.   Next terms are beginning in September.   They are sessions via zoom - IMO a nice way to learn from home!   Have my favourite lights, chair, tools at the ready.


I think I have 5-6 more to put together

out of the 100 buttons covered in the three terms.

And, I re-made a few along the way, so I have quite a

variety of colors and styles.


And, I'm still learning.


If you are interested in the making of buttons -- 

go to the Virtual Education section -- of the Lace Museum.   

Scroll down ....  look for:

"Certificate Program for German Thread-Wrapped Buttons"


"Course Description: Monika Hoede and her associates at the TracfhtenKultur Beratung (Traditional Costume Culture Center) in Krumbach, Germany have created a button certificate program in which students make 100 different thread-technique buttons. Karen was given permission to adapt the program with additional buttons by Anna McDowell (England), Gina Barrett (England) and Sabine Krump (Austria). She and her first students are also just finishing their translation of the course book, Posamentenknopf, into English."

1 comment:

Lavinia said...

Congratulations on the progress! Your buttons are always pretty and you work them really neatly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin