Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Judith Hayle and her pupils

The Ann Holewll Sampler, 1699
SAL info here
I've finished rows 1-3, chart A ... the February stitching assignment!! Yay : )


Nice article re. Juda or Judeth Hayle (teacher), her pupils (their samplers), in SAN-Q, Spring 2001

Which reminded me that I had stitched the Elizabeth Burton 1701 motifs for a Pin Pillow -- photo on SAN-Q cover


Rooted thru nearly everything 'stitchie' in my room ... until I found these squres

I need to find some muslin & locate my wool roving [gotta be someplace around here] ... add a buttonhole stitch edge to both squares ... then, use a chain stitch to join the front & back. Aren't the corners interesting with detached chain stitching?

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Very lovely, Lelia!!

Mary said...

Great job, Lelia! Love the new sampler and the little heart stitching!

Annemarie said...

Oooh, love the pics, Lelia!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

You have some great pieces going. I love the start on the sampler.

Sally said...

Beautiful progress Lelia. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

stitcherw said...

Very pretty, the corners are really unique.
Sue

Cathy B said...

Very interesting designs Lelia. You are sure working on some lovely projects!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin