Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Porter Co Fair: Best of Show

Thx everybody for your comments re. my ribbons at Porter Co Fair --- If you want to see the BIG WINNER, please visit Surprises & Fun at the Fair post by Pat Winter on her Gatherings blog. And, while you are visiting her blog, check out her awesome textiles, (incl hand-dye ribbons ... like a piece of heaven on hearth) demonstrations, Art Fire (incl Bliss Kits) and her re-do of some digs for CLASSES : ) IMO - Pat is one of the most generous & kind persons on the planet -- very willing to share the basics, the how-to's in a step-by-step way She is enthusiastic, knows her stuff, and doesn't hover! She lets the creativity take over & enjoys the unfolding of creative processes After she showed me (actually us -- Karol & I) the ropes, it removed the mystery of CQ & with a few hands on demos, I was able to create some lovely ribbon roses, fancy surface stitches, and yes - even put together a start on a small project with bits of this-n-thats Pat shared from her studio stash: (this trim was white until we used ink pads to add a rainbow of color!) and a little help from her friend & local artist Ellen Anne Eddy who created labels for needlebook pages Bottom Line --- Run right over to see the list of classes from THIS POST Hope to see you there!!!

7 comments:

Kim B said...

Gorgeous!!!

Deb said...

More congratulations on your awards for your pieces. And I checked out the other blog and love it! Will definitely have to continue following her.

Judy S. said...

Love your CQ block, Leila. And don't I wish Pat were closer. Lucky you!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful work!

Karan said...

Enjoyed my post vacation catch up. Congratulations on all the Ribbons - beautiful pieces. :0)

Unknown said...

WOW! Look at the fabulous work you're doing already!

Lisa said...

Hello!!
I got 2 second place ribbons--one for my banana bread and one for my key lime pie!! Not bad for my first time, huh?? I'm picking up my ribbons tomorrow morning...in the same building your stuff was in, from the sounds of it!! Did you get ribbons at the lake county fair?? I am sure you did, your pics of the porter county ribbons are sooo well done!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin