Monday, August 31, 2009

Q & A + little bit of stitching

I stitched one motif
on the Pins & Tulips Pincushion pattern
from the Thank You, Sarah Tobias book
(Blackbird Designs)

I'm using DMC floss
and enjoying this design

- - - - - - - Q & A - - - - - - -
I received a few e-mails about this pattern

This comes in THREE different colors
(Belle Soie silk from Crescent Colours):
Rosebud (pink)
Kiwi (green)
Babbling Brook (blue)

Each chart has both the
BOX LID and BAG
directions


the pattern has options in
28ct, 32ct, 36ct & 40ct fabric


I thought I'd go into the store for the green
and when I saw all three, I chose the blue & pink!
I selected 32ct Bo Peep belfast for the pink
and
32ct cream linen for the blue

I probably will make box lid; however, if I do make a bag
I'd stitch the square & sew it onto some material

I thought the fringe with buttons was clever!

As for the link to Berti's blog, direct link is:
http://samplersandbuttons.blogspot.com/2009/07/button-bag.html


5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Lovely tulip, Lelia! :D

CindyMae said...

Great new start!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lelia! The tulip is pretty!

Oh, thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I am so excited that you have signed up for tatting lessons! YAY! Keep me posted! I hope you show your progress on your blog! :)

~TattingChic ♥

Siobhán said...

Lovely start, Lelia!

Irma said...

I love that Sarah Tobias book. Its so simple yet so pretty. Great start!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin