Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Needlework & book news:

IMO, the Flowers & Friends Stitching Club patterns are great. Not only are the designs delightful, the patterns are large, diagrams are large, and who could possibly resist the little birds?
Forest Song
Designed by Elizabeth Foster
c.2000 Elizabeth's Designs
I used suggested fibers on 25-count raw linen by Zweigart
Barbara, the green leaves are stitched with Sheep's Silk Dark Moss (The Thread Gatherer). That fiber & charm were with the pattern.
Imagine this little thing has been sitting in my closet for eight years, and is finally STITCHED! I have too many WIPs tucked here-n-there!
- - - - - - - - -

Is the lace being read, bobbin lace?? Sounds like it might be...
Has anybody read this one yet? I've heard a lot about it & read an excerpt / first chapter. Sounds like there is another book, sequel, being released, too. Please advise if this is a no-miss!!!
Web Site here
Blog here
I cannot help wonder how much is about bobbin lace making vs a mystery or whatever. Next time I'm at the bookstore, I'll have to look this one up. The library has it on order and a ton of requests.
Like I need another book on my pile of must-reads!!!
----------
Looks like the next novel in this series is a story that includes recipes.

It is being released in October. The Quilter's Kitchen by Jennifer Chiaverini

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this piece is awesome!!! You're right: who can resist to those so cute little birds?????? Are you going to frame it or what?

Anonymous said...

Cute finish! Congratulations to you on getting it out of your stash and stitched up.

Anonymous said...

GREAT finish! And thanks for announcing the new Elm Creek book :)

Dawn B. said...

Forest song is looks great

Ann said...

Gorgeous piece of stitching, I love the colors.

Susimac said...

What a wonderful finish and those little birds are so sweet.

samplerlover said...

What a beautiful piece. I love the leaves. How are you going to finish it.

Judy S. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Leila. I'd have to admit I got out the thimble to push the threads through on parts of my CQ block. Your stitching is exquisite. I plan to visit you often!

Kathy Raker said...

It is beautiful, love the bird nest charm.

mainely stitching said...

That's a green that's going to have to find its way into my stash! ;)

Lisa said...

lelia, this came out just beautifully...all those satin stitches! and the little birdies...oh and the nest....so cute :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin