Friday, September 05, 2008

Shep Bush Freebie + List of needleworkers w/blogs


Barbara, please don't fall off your chair : ) and Kathy, I stitched the stars again -- you were right, the blue looks the best!
I decided to use GAST Tarnished Gold for the windowpane -- or the boxes. IMO - the design just needed some gold or yellow. The blue for the stars was supposed to be DMC 823. I originally used GAST Royal Purple & took it all out. Just wasn't the right color. I found some GAST in my stash called Black Crow, a nicer navy blue. Keeping my fingers crossed this looks good in daylight -- & I"ll sew on the flag button
-----------
Have you visited The Passion of my Needle blog lately?

Tracy put together a list of bloggers who are active needleworkers. She has put together an awesome list! Information: HERE.

Stitching Blogger Links HERE

Thx Tracy : )

15 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely finish Lelia and the blue looks great.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

This looks great.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Your choices of colours is perfect.

Judy S. said...

Nice! I'm glad you put the blue stars back..... and, I like your choice for the frame. Isn't it great to have a finished project?

Unknown said...

Well done on finish!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting the word out. I had a slew of interested bloggers wanting to get on the list this morning and I love it! I just hope that the widget can hold lots and lots, so far over 200!

Your freebie is so cute.

Tammy said...

The blue DOES look great! Fantastic job, and I never realized that the border was so pretty!

Annemarie said...

I think you chose the perfect colours in the end, Lelia, itlooks lovely!

Ranae said...

Cute little freebie, I love the colours.
Forest Song is so beautiful, I love it.

Beatrice said...

It was nice to have a Browse through your blog. Nice stitching!
The blue is pretty!

Tammy said...

I think the colours are perfect. Great finish.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely looking piece!

mainely stitching said...

It was a near thing!

Hey, this looks GREAT!!

Sharon said...

Looks awesome Leila!

Lisa said...

Your color choices are great. I frequently change a color or two, or add something to give it that 'just right' look...like cooking, you know, lol. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin