Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thank You!

The Pink Artist Project raised $3,028.34 for Susan G Komen for the cure and breast cancer research. I would like to thank everybody who participated, donated their artistic talents, created squares, donated hand made gifts, added a blog post, put a group button on their web sites & blog pages, donated money, and supported the project. More Information Here.

I was fortunate to be one of nearly 40 people to have their name drawn for a gift. I just love my new vase. The vase is Red Maple w/Black Walnut Rim. The photograph doesn't do justice. I tried several pictures & this one seems to be the best. I think you get the general idea of the size and exquisite shape!

When I opened the box, this is what I saw: This treasure was made by William Burroughs, Jr. in Henderson, NC. I enjoyed seeing the pictures & reading his web site! Thank you very much : ) Included with the wooden vase was a letter from his wife, Thearica, explaining the use of orange oil 2x/yr & buffing to keep it looking great.

She, Thearica, has a quilting studio. (and you all know how much I love quilts) I'm gobsmacked by her talent! Quilting Studio, web site link here.

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Woohoo!!! Yay! That's a great fund raising success story! And I am so glad that you were one of the lucky winners. What a stunning (!) vase!

Karol said...

Congrats on the drawing! It is beautiful. What a sucess for the fund.

Moonsilk Stitches said...

What a wonderful prize! Congratulations. This was an incredible project to follow and be involved in.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin