Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Hands are the exit of the spirit"





Jane, blogging at World Embroideries gifted me
with this lovely Temari

A couple of days ago,
she had a photo of a new blue Temari
on her post Another Swirl Temari

Near the end of her post, she shared a link
to a video she watched and shared something said from that video,
she posted:

"Hands are the exit of the spirit."
Do you agree with that?
I don't know if I do or not... but it is very thought provoking.


Jane, ever since I read your post, I haven't been able to let go of the quote ...
what do YOU think?

and, I still cherish my temari
I find so much joy in your posts + am gobsmacked
by the variety of temari you have created


1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi, I am very honored to have provoked so much though!

People are such a combination of soul and body, physical and spiritual, and it has always puzzled me how the two interact and relate to each other.

The Bible says that what comes out of our mouths reveals what is in the heart... but you are right, if words are not your thing, then the beauty that comes from your hands (in art or in crafts) could also reveal what is in your soul.

Thanks for helping me think this through (or making me reconsider!) LOL
Jane

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin