Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Button 38: Schwalm Shirt Button

 Two of my supervisors.
Watching me with needle and fiber in hand.    Today, created some Schwalm Shirt Buttons. 


The four white - round - buttons:

First was making the round balls.   I used 3.5cm round circle of cotton fabric,
running stitch, with Londonderry Linen (Ivory) thread 50/3.    Added some fiber fill.
Closed them tightly -- ready to embellish w/buttonhole stitches & add the shank.

Three were pretty close in size -- one was smaller.
The smaller one:  I used DMC coton perle 12, col Blanc.
The other three, I used DMC coton perle 8, col Blanc.

Thanks to Beth - for the linen thread (spool)!!
I am grateful for our friendship.

 My supervisors want to be fed ...








 

1 comment:

Lavinia said...

Interesting buttons! They turned out very nice. Those supervisors are very hard to please by buttons, I guess...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin