Monday, January 29, 2007

Pear Tree

This is Pear Tree by Little House Needleworks from the 2006 JCS Orn Mag. I'm using over dye fibers (so far) on 32-ct Conf Grey Linen. Stitching from my stash instead of using the materials suggested.

I started this ornament for the SAL [over the week-end] & realized the border in the pattern was not the same on both sides. So -- had to frog some & restitch some of the border. If not for the re-do ... maybe I would have finished the pears : )

I am gobsmacked by all the stitchers who not only stitched -- they FINISHED their ornaments during the week-end. Quite a feat. And - for those FAST stitchers ... stop laughing at all my slow-poke x's!!!

9 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I stitched this over one and changed all the colors for a friend and thank heavens I noticed the border had an error before I went bent for leather on it!
LOL!
Yours is looking gorgeous...I'm going to it again for me...some day.......
:)

Michelle said...

Your pear tree is looking fantastic. Love your Bertie's Birdbath too - I have that one on my list to do!

Anonymous said...

Your Pear Tree looks great.

BeckySC said...

This one is on my list...glad you mentioned the border-you saved me some froggin' :) :)
It's looking great :)

Unknown said...

Your pear ornament is coming out nicely. Don't worry about being a slow sitcher.

Cathy B said...

You have been making great progress on your stitching projects! I love the quaker one from the Workbasket - any thoughts on how you will finish?

I'd like to stitch this pear ornament too! someday...

Wendy said...

Your tree is coming along lovely! I didn't finish mine either....next month!

Anonymous said...

It looks great :)

Jenna said...

I didn't even start mine, so don't think that I'll be making fun of you! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin