Friday, August 04, 2023

Meanwhile .... Knitting. Costume pieces.

Edited


I have six knitted pieces.   Will make THREE pair.   YAY.

Hope to sew them into mitts tomorrow. (the side seam with opening for thumb).

The pattern New Knitter Mitts
is really easy and simple to create.

I'm using Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran
Made in Kilcar Ireland
90% wool / 10% angora.

The yarn was purchased from Sheep's Clothing
in Valparaiso, Indiana.
The Sheep's Clothing store is in the process of closing.
Currently, everything is 40% off.
[Reply to comment/question ... The Sheep's Clothing has been 
in town many years.   Then, was closing - acquired a new owner,
and once again closing.  I'm not sure the reason(s).  It is a nice
store/shop and sells quality products.]

And---I've been sewing ... trying to get my
costume(s) ready for October's
Last October, I had borrowed clothing/costume pieces to wear.
Since then, I've purchased a couple pieces and
have sewn skirts.   And made mop hats.
(don't you think the hat needs a tatted lace edge?????)


Want to look nice in October!

This was last October - and my hands were 
chilled.   Hoping the new mitts will be warmer.
Tatting with cold fingers was a challenge, until later when the temperature warmed up.
[I did purchase the cape and hat.]


And, if you are in the neighborhood, 
stop by and say hello!

Lafayette Lacemaker's:  Feast of the Hunters' Moon
demonstrating lace making.
Tatting, bobbin lace, knitting, etc.





 

2 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Hope your new mitts keep you warm. Lovely color. I hope the store closing is the owners choice and not because of our economy. So many s=mall businesses are closing in our town. Folks just done have the money to spend. Its a shame. Janice

Farm Girl said...

I love all of the tatting and lace making and knitting you do. I have always love all kinds of handwork. Though I have settled on being a rug hooker.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. My Field of Dreams.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin